FINALLY! It’s time for the 3rd Annual University of Ottawa Archaeological Society Scholarship
In order to encourage and assist students preparing to participate in archaeological fieldwork, the uOAS offers a scholarship. The amount is not set as it depends on the amount of funds that the uOAS is able to raise throughout the academic year. This year we raised $500 just with the generous support of our exec and amazing volunteers!
The University of Ottawa Archaeological Society (uOAS) invites applications to full-time and part-time students interested in archaeology and taking archaeology courses at the University of Ottawa and planning on going to an archaeological field school for academic credits.
The contest is now open. Download the form, and send it in to email@example.com (ATTN: Scholarship Application) by April 30th to be considered.
- All applications will be evaluated and assessed by a scholarship committee selected by the University of Ottawa Archaeological Society executive.
- All applicants will be informed of decisions by e-mail within two weeks of any set deadlines and once all applications have been reviewed. All decisions are final.
- Please fill out the form correctly to insure proper review.
- Each applicant must be a registered full-time or part-time student at the University of Ottawa who will be attending an archaeological field school for academic credit.
- Each Applicant must be in need of financial assistance.
- Each Applicant should demonstrate some level of community service, which could include volunteering for the uOAS or its partners.
- Fill out your application form completely.
- Provide a letter of intent explaining why you feel you deserve this scholarship. This letter should also include the details of the field school you will be attending.
- Proof that you will be participating in the field school (such as your acceptance from the program director, etc).
- For community service, give the contact information of at least one reference.